Legal II is a required continuing education course (CE) course that all license holders are mandated to take to renew their license. This course encompasses a detailed discussion regarding the Canons of Professional Ethics and Conduct, water and mineral rights in Texas, and ad valorem tax best practices and guidelines.
It reinforces the ethical and fiduciary duties owed to consumers by license holders with emphasis on the legal limitations to holding a real estate license and the importance of referring consumers to experts in their field.
Course highlights include:
- The canons of fidelity, integrity, and competency
- Geographic competency
- Intermediary status
- Multiple offers
- Use of the Seller’s Disclosure Notice
- Copyrighted surveys
- Water and mineral rights in Texas
- Ad valorem taxes in Texas
- Special considerations regarding taxes
- Tax prorations and rollbacks