Legal I is a required continuing education course (CE) course that all license holders are mandated to take to renew their license. This course encompasses a detailed discussion regarding various laws, regulations, and guidelines that affect real estate license holders.
This four-hour course provides a strong foundation in the latest legal and ethical procedures.
Course highlights include:
- Key TREC rule updates
- How license holders can get involved in the rulemaking process
- Licensing related bills that were passed during the 87th Texas legislative session
- Important changes to promulgated forms of which license holders need to be aware, including provisions related to accessories, leases, earnest money and options, and escrow
- New contract addenda and substantive changes to current addenda
- Best practices related to back-up offers, appraisal addendum issues, and escalation clauses
- Fair housing, discrimination, and fair housing investigations
- Property management issues, particularly related to legislative changes and reasonable accommodation and modification